[xmlsec] Error: failed to initialize keys manager

Web Master webmaster at vwc.edu
Wed Mar 19 07:35:31 PST 2008

I am trying to install xmlsec to use with the Google Apps SSO PHP
sample. Everything installed properly but when I run the demo I get
the following error. I get the same error when run from the command
line. I've read that there may be something wrong with the default
certificates directory, but I do not know what that means. Any ideas
or a new direction to try would be appreciated. I'm out of options.

func=xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreInitialize:file=x509vfy.c:line=651:obj=x509-s
tore:subj=X509_LOOKUP_add_dir:error=4:crypto library function failed:
func=xmlSecKeyDataStoreCreate:file=keysdata.c:line=1328:obj=x509-
store:subj=id->initialize:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecOpenSSLKeysMngrInit:file=crypto.c:line=313:obj=unknown:subj=x
mlSecKeyDataStoreCreate:error=1:xmlsec library function
failed:xmlSecOpenSSLX509StoreId
func=xmlSecOpenSSLAppDefaultKeysMngrInit:file=app.c:line=1270:obj=unknow
n:subj=xmlSecOpenSSLKeysMngrInit:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
Error: failed to initialize keys manager.
Error: keys manager creation failed