[xmlsec] XML Encryption

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Jan 3 09:25:21 PST 2007

> 1. Is there a chance that I only encrypt the Password nodes without the
> big overhead of the encryption tags for every password occurence? Or
> must I create two server nodes. One that holds the passwords and one
> that holds the names.

Well, you can potentially share the KeyInfo element of EncryptedData
but I don't think you'll get big win by doing this.

> 2. If I want to encrypt all occurences of node password, what option I
> must give to the command line? (At this moment only the first password
> would be encrypted.)

Well, I don't think it is supported by command line tool right
now. However, it should be easy to add this. Instead of using
the single node from the xpath expression evaluation, the code
needs to iterate through all the returned nodes. Should be an easy
change (hint: I love patches :) ).

> 3. What means id in option "--node-id <id>"? Is ID a number? How are the
> (nested) nodes numbered?

ID is an ID attribute in XML. It is a unique string. Not sure what
do you mean by "nested" nodes.