[xmlsec] XML Encryption

Mike Fudd mifudd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:13:03 PST 2007

Thanks, it works :)

One modeling question:
I want to encrypt server data sets with two attributes: Name and Password.
The name *must* be human readable but the password *must* be encrypted.
Example:

<Servers>
	<Server>
		<Name>String</Name>
		<Password>String</Password>
	</Server>
	<Server>
		<Name>String</Name>
		<Password>String</Password>
	</Server>
</Servers>

1. Is there a chance that I only encrypt the Password nodes without the big
overhead of the encryption tags for every password occurence? Or must I
create two server nodes. One that holds the passwords and one that holds the
names.

2. If I want to encrypt all occurences of node password, what option I must
give to the command line? (At this moment only the first password would be
encrypted.)

3. What means id in option "--node-id <id>"? Is ID a number? How are the
(nested) nodes numbered?

Best wishes

Mike