[xmlsec] FW: Free/Destroy versus Memory Leak

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sun Feb 19 14:55:35 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 05:35:51PM -0500, Edward Shallow wrote:
>  .. Re-sending ... 1st one bounced ..
>    I have isolated the memory growth to the xmlsec environment by using
> successively narrower 'quick returns'.
> When I comment out the single xmlsec.xmlSecDSigCtxVerify(dsigCtx, sigNode)
> call, it grows at only 1/10th the rate ~4K (but still grows).
>
> Do you have any ideas or suggestions ?

  libxml2 itself has a memory wrapper
    http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html#Debugging
I would assume xmlsec also use xmlMalloc/xmlFree/xmlRealloc so the same
debugging methods could be used.
Also you're running on windows and I have heard just too many horror stories
at this point due to mismatching between precompiled versions of the Windows
libraries being used on a different environment and incompatible memory
allocators that I would check that too.

Daniel