[xmlsec] FW: Free/Destroy versus Memory Leak

Edward Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Sun Feb 19 18:28:28 PST 2006

Hi Daniel,

   It does not seem to be libxml2. I just isolated the loop to simply the
libxml2 chores of xmlParseDoc'ing and xmlFreeDoc'ing and the memory looks
much more steady and level. Barely any growth worth mentioning.

   I also tried reinitializing both the xmlsec and libxml2 environments for
each and every call ... Same growth, which is substantial at 40K per
request.

   I did not compile anything myself and assume Igor's binairies for both
libxml2 and xmlsec are good.  http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html

Any other ideas ?

Ed

P.S. I just spent months porting the xmlsec app from Linux to Windows
because I couldn't get decent "keys in hardware support (i.e. HSMs and
tokens)" with OpenSSL on Linux. Believe it or not the Microsoft CAPI CSPs
are very stable. I have tried 3 different ones without a hitch using
xmlsec's mscrypto support. I also need Entrust support and Entrust also has
an MS CAPI CSP.

I do not know if the Linux version of the app leaks.