[xmlsec] building without DTD validation support in libxml

Bernd Becker bb at bernd-becker.de
Thu May 12 09:39:32 PDT 2005

--On Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:49:17 -0400 Daniel Veillard
<veillard at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:36:54AM -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
>  Disabling the DTD code in libxml2 will gain you 10KB, this may be
> worth or not depending on your environment. The time spent debugging
> side effects X months later when you happen to reuse the library for
> something else must be taken into account.
>
>> I thought this was the kind of thing the original poster
>> wanted.
>
>   Yes, there is a trade off, and unless he's really doing embedded work
> with serious footprint constraints, then in general that will not be worth
> it in my opinion.
>
> Daniel
Well, the original poster says thanks for bringing those issues up.
I am actually doing embedded work with serious footprint constraints,
so saving those ~50K may be worth it. But I will keep the potential
problems in mind (and in the docs), in case the application
is changed or the library reused somewhere else.

Regards,
Bernd