[xmlsec] Where did STDERR go ?

Ed Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Mon Sep 20 21:10:12 PDT 2004

Hello Aleksey and Valery,

      I am successfully running xmlsec 1.1.4 behind pyxmlsec 0.2.0 under
mod_python 3.1.3 under Apache 2.0. All works fine except that I cannot
find the STDERR detailed output from xmlsec in the event of (for
example) a Verify error ?

      Invoking my pyxmlsec from the command line echoes STDERR to the
console as expected when the same Verify fails, so it does not seem to
be pyxmlsec or xmlsec themselves.

      The httpd.conf in Apache picks up the default ErrorLog which is
supposed to receive STDERR output, and LogLevel is set to "error".

Have you any ideas or workarounds for: turning on, redirecting, or
trapping the STDERR messages from XMLsec ?

Thanks,
Ed