[xmlsec] Re: non us-ascii filenames in user locale

xs04.jmdesp at free.fr xs04.jmdesp at free.fr
Tue Jun 29 04:10:39 PDT 2004

Selon Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>:
> [...]. So now
> that URI can be used as such "mod%C3%A8le.xml" for all URI based processing
> too.
>
> [...] if the filename is non-ascii, then UTF-8
> encode it, URI-escape it at you level before calling any of the libraries
> and it should just work ! [...]

This is theorically the cleanest way of doing it, but it won't work if nothing
is done in libxml2/xmlsec to handle that case (as I describe in the other
message, "test if url UTF-8, if yes, convert to locale, if not use directly".
This should be done only for "file://". If you don't do that, it'll work only if
the locale is UTF-8).