[xmlsec] gnutls dependency trouble

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Sat Jan 10 17:48:10 PST 2004

Hello,

The xmlsec 1.2.3 release depends on gnutls 1.0.4, but unfortunately the
1.0.x branch isn't even packaged for Debian yet.  I don't think it's a
good policy to depend on very recent library releases, because package
maintainers often don't have control over the schedule of dependent
library packages.

The last xmlsec release I was able to package for Debian was 1.1.1.  The
Debian project is nearing a stable release, which may happen in a few
months.  With the current gnutls situation, I'm not able to provide an
update.  I've contacted the gnutls package maintainer to see what his
schedule is.

Is it possible for xmlsec to resume support for the older gnutls versions?

Regards,
-John

--
http:// if  ile.o g/