[xmlsec] Re: Problem: Comparing decimal with hexadecimal numbers

Remy Lebeau gambit47 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 16:56:04 PDT 2003

--- "Wouter" <wsh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> It is possible to get a hex string representation
> of the number (thanks to the code of Remy :),
> but would anyone know how to convert this
> (either ASN.1 byte array, of hex string) to
> decimal representation??? Any suggestion or idea
> on this is welcome.

The code I submitted also included code for converting
a hex string back to its original binary format.  As
long as the binary is sizeof(int), you should be able
to do a simple cast, ie (I haven't yet seen how Alex
integrated it, otherwise I'd give you an actual code
sample):

    xmlChar hex = "75BCD15"; // decimal 123456789
    xmlSecByte *buf;
    xmlSecSize bufsize = 0;
    int i;

    // convert hex to binary,