[xmlsec] Mscrypto patch 2, for cvs XMLSEC_MSCRYPTO_083103 branch

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Sep 3 18:50:30 PDT 2003

>> - Fixes for signatures (RSA-SHA1) and RSA key wrapping (PKCS1). I've
>> tested these against OpenSSL generated signatures and encrypted keys
>> (together with des3-cbc) with success.
>>
> What about using the test suite from the xmlsec library itself? It
> requires cygwin but
> I guess you already have it. Just run the following commands from the
> top level
> source folder:
>
>       > sh ./tests/testDSig.sh ./tests <path to xmlsec> der
>       > sh ./tests/testEnc.sh ./tests <path to xmlsec> der
>
> Probably we can add a new "test" option to win32 makefile as well
> (again, assuming
> the cygwin is installed). I'll probably try to do it tonight.

I have added few new targets to win32/Makefile.msvc:
       nmake check
       nmake check-keys
       nmake check-dsig
       nmake check-enc
             Run all ('check') or any particular xmlsec tests suite
(cygwin or any other bash is
             required).

      nmake uninstall
             The opposite to 'nmake install'.

Unfortunately, none of the xmlsec tests succeed. For sigantures, the
main problem
is that xmlsec-mscrypto does not support loading keys from pkcs12 files
(do you think
it is possible to implement it?) The encryption just hangs on first test :(

I would appreciate if you can try these tests yourself. The test suite
is the main "quality
control" mechanism in xmlsec and it would be really bad if
xmlsec-mscrypto would not
be able to pass it :(

Also I have updated the examples/Makfile.w32 and added xmlsec-mscrypto
to the list
of supported crypto libraries.