[xmlsec] XML digital signature enveloped

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Mar 11 21:27:13 PST 2003

Yes, you are absolutelly right. It's another option. You can
select a subtree using URI="#node-id" syntax. The only
thing you need to take care of is to  provide a definition of
"id" for this node (i.e., provide a DTD or schema). See Section 3.2
of the FAQ for details:
        http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/faq.html

However, you'll need XPath transform to select node content
w/o node itself anyway (in the example we discuss, only "4444"
from "<data>444444</data>"). Also it might be not possible to do this
DTD stuff in some cases (thought I could not imagine a real use case).