[xmlsec] request/complaint -- new error reporting feature

Moultrie, Ferrell (ISSAtlanta) FMoultrie at iss.net
Wed Aug 28 18:25:34 PDT 2002

Aleksey:
  Ok .. I'm trying to use the new xmlsec error reporting feature.
There's one thing that was apparently overlooked -- I can only register
one global static function and there's no context reported to that
function (only file, line, func, reason, and msg -- none of which I
control). So, when my callback function gets control, it has no way to
know which document the error relates to (I have multiple documents open
for verification operations concurrently).
  The libxml2 error function registration while not giving me nearly as
much/nice information as yours does -- at least allows me to register a
(void*) context pointer which I can use to figure out the document
context to which the call applies.
  Have I missed something obvious (again!) or was this an oversight? Any
thoughts about fixing/improving it if so? Passing a context pointer on
the xmlSecErrorsSetCallback() method and then supplying it as a new
parameter to the callback function would be a quite sufficient solution,
IMO.
Thanks!
  Ferrell

=====================================
Ferrell Moultrie (ferrell at iss.net)
Software Engineer

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
6303 Barfield Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Phone:  404-236-2600
Direct: 404-236-2849
Fax:    404-236-2632
http://www.iss.net

Internet Security Systems -- The Power to Protect