[xmlsec] XMLsec: Crash on WinNT in Keysmngr.c [Virus checked]

Hans-Juergen.Heinrich at de.gi-de.com Hans-Juergen.Heinrich at de.gi-de.com
Fri May 17 04:21:50 PDT 2002

Dear author,

Here's a problem occurring in XMLsec on WinNT, but there is also
a solution :-)
When calling the procedure PEM_read_PrivateKey in Keysmngr.c, the
program will crash.
Anyway, this problem is already well-known in the OpenSSL mailing list,
where a solution was provided (I did not yet try it, however!). See the
attachment containing this mail.

I just wanted to report it so that you can update the XMLsec software.

Best regards,
Hans-Jürgen Heinrich

----------------------------------
Dr. Hans-Jürgen Heinrich
System engineer, 4TE3
Giesecke & Devrient GmbH, Truderinger Straße 15, D-81607 München
Phone:  +49 89 4119-2625, FAX:     +49 89 4119-1629
mailto:hans-juergen.heinrich at de.gi-de.com
http://www.gieseckedevrient.com

(See attached file: crash_solution.txt)
It works fines:

  EVP_PKEY *key;
  BIO *bio;
  char *file;
  //Init file with the appropriate path to the private key file.
  char *password;
  //Init the password.

  bio = BIO_new( BIO_s_file() );
  BIO_read_filename( bio, file );
  key  = PEM_read_bio_PrivateKey( bio, NULL, NULL, password );

Note that I am not providing a password callback and that I am using the
bio
version of the PEM_read_PrivateKey.
I hope it helps.

Marc-Andre