[xmlsec] XMLSec with OpenSSL 3.x

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue May 17 16:14:28 UTC 2022

The real migration to OpenSSL 3.x was much more complex than expected.

BIG THANKS to David Bailey (snargit) for creating the PR for the
migration:

https://github.com/lsh123/xmlsec/pull/334

which I forked here to add small polishing:

https://github.com/lsh123/xmlsec/pull/336

The work is now merged in the master. There are still a few things that
needs to be done:

1) Custom engines are deprecated in OpenSSL 3 and are disabled in the
build against OpenSSL 3. I will need to think about best ways to migrate
that functionality.

2) I want to add automatic builds against OpenSSL 3 since the code is
significantly different.

However overall, the OpenSSL 3 build is working and ready for testing!

Thanks a lot, David!

Aleksey