[xmlsec] xmlsec1-1.2.16 to xmlsec1-1.2.29 decrypt problems

Floodeenjr, Thomas thomas_floodeenjr at mentor.com
Thu Mar 26 08:26:48 PDT 2020

Hello,

We recently upgraded from xmlsec1-1.2.16 to xmlsec1-1.2.29. We have some data created in 1.2.16 that we can decrypt, but it fails to decrypt in 1.2.29.

              Application.exe!xmlSecCheckNodeName(_xmlNode * const cur, const unsigned char * name, const unsigned char * ns) Line 210          C
>              Application.exe!xmlSecEncCtxEncDataNodeRead(_xmlSecEncCtx * encCtx, _xmlNode * node) Line 696      C
              Application.exe!xmlSecEncCtxDecryptToBuffer(_xmlSecEncCtx * encCtx, _xmlNode * node) Line 597      C
              Application.exe!xmlSecEncCtxDecrypt(_xmlSecEncCtx * encCtx, _xmlNode * node) Line 524      C

Other items do decrypt fine with both versions. Any ideas what we can look into?

Thanks,
-Tom