[xmlsec] Verifying detached signatures with exclusive c14n

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Aug 8 09:47:32 PDT 2019

https://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core1/#sec-CanonicalizationMethod

"CanonicalizationMethod is a required element that specifies the
canonicalization algorithm applied to the SignedInfo element prior to
performing signature calculations."

If you want to apply exc-c14n to the Reference, then you need to
specify it as a transform in the Reference itself.

Best,

Aleksey