[xmlsec] MinGW build pull request

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Sat May 20 04:59:33 PDT 2017

Aleksey,

Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> []
>> c)
>> - # To avoid problem with loading of a shared library (dlopen or
>> - # equivalent) at run time on some platforms we need to link
>> - # everything statically (it works without hack on 9x and under
>> - # emulation; on nt 5.x (w2k,xp) the error is 998: "Invalid
>> - # access to memory location").

I review modification (commits) in repository and I not that above is
added by you when
is removed "shared lib hack".

Some details for error could be found on Microsoft support site
https://support.microsoft.com at following path
/en-us/help/196069/prb-loadlibrary-api-fails-with-998-error-noaccess-error

May comment was related to loading of shared xmlsec-crypto module. It
was not related to linking of xmlsec binary (executable) or other
libraries .

(a) enable_static_linking="yes"
(b) enable_crypto_dl="no"

In all my builds xmlsec was linked dynamically .
Info from retired installation (from 2012)  .../xmlsec1.exe --version
$ xmlsec1 1.2.18 (mscrypto)

.../i486-mingw32-objdump -x ..../xmlsec1.exe | grep DLL
  vma:            Hint    Time      Forward  DLL       First
         DLL Name: libxmlsec1.dll
         f6f0       90  xmlSecCryptoDLLoadLibrary
         DLL Name: KERNEL32.dll
         DLL Name: msvcrt.dll
         DLL Name: libxml2-2.dll
         DLL Name: libxslt-1.dll

Also grep shows that my builds used dynamic loading of crypto-module .

(a) forces static linking of xmlsec application (executable) and this is
the case that I never try to build and test .

(b) requires some additional work in configure (libtool dynamic loading
vs native dynamic loading)

Regards,
Roumen Petrov