[xmlsec] New xmlsec 1.2.24 release

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:59:14 PDT 2017

Good news and thanks for releasing it! :-)

I've requested mingw-w64 maintainers to add xmlsec as new package:

https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/issues/2404

(Please provide the gpg signature of the package "xmlsec1-1.2.24.tar.gz" at
Github page, something like "xmlsec-1_2_24.tar.gz.sig
<https://github.com/lsh123/xmlsec/archive/xmlsec-1_2_24.tar.gz.sig>". I've
opened a PR asking mingw maintainers to add my own libraries
<https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/pull/2391> and noticed that gpg
key is necessary)

Happy hacking!

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Aleksey Sanin <aleksey at aleksey.com> wrote:

> The XML Security Library 1.2.24 release includes the following changes:
>
>         * Added ECDSA-SHA1, ECDSA-SHA256, ECDSA-SHA512 support
>         for xmlsec-nss (vmiklos).
>
>         * Fixed XMLSEC_KEYINFO_FLAGS_X509DATA_DONT_VERIFY_CERTS
>         handling (vmiklos).
>
>         * Disabled external entities loading by xmlsec utility app by
>         default to prevent XXE attacks (d-hat).
>
>         * Improved OpenSSL version and features detection.
>
>         * Cleaned up, simplified, and standardized internal error
>         reporting.
>
>         * Fixed a few Coverity-discovered bugs.
>
>         * Marked as deprecated all the functions in xmlsec/soap.h file
>         and a couple other functions no longer required by xmlsec.
>         These functions will be removed in the future releases.
>
>         * Several other small fixes (see commit log for more details).
>
> Please note that OpenSSL 0.9.8 support will be removed in the next
> release of XMLSec library.
>

> You can find the new release in the usual place:
>
>    http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/download.html
>

> Thanks to everyone who contributed patches and filed bugs!
>

> Best,
>
> Aleksey Sanin

Silvio Clécio