[xmlsec] X509 Data Has Empty Nodes

Sergio Garcia sergio at ginx.com.br
Mon Jun 6 09:19:37 PDT 2016

The sign3 example doesn't include the additional X509 key info, like
subject name.
I started with sign3 and included the subject name and what I saw is when
the X509 has nodes, the when signing only that nodes are populated. When I
included the subject name and certificate, I got an additional text node,
containing only a CR. To each additional node I request, an additional text
node is included.
Those text nodes are been included during sign.

I just changed the sign3 example to instead of just add the empty X509Data:

xmlSecTmplKeyInfoAddX509Data(keyInfoNode);
if(x509DataNode == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: failed to add X509Data node\n");
    goto done;
}

It include more key details:

x509DataNode = xmlSecTmplKeyInfoAddX509Data(keyInfoNode);
if(x509DataNode == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: failed to add X509Data node\n");
    goto done;
}

if(xmlSecTmplX509DataAddSubjectName(x509DataNode) == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: failed to add X509SubjectName node\n");
    goto done;
}

if(xmlSecTmplX509DataAddCertificate(x509DataNode) == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Error: failed to add X509Certificate node\n");
    goto done;
}