[xmlsec] X509 Data Has Empty Nodes

Sergio Garcia sergio at ginx.com.br
Sun Jun 5 16:36:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was including the missing functions to handle X509 information when
signing XML files to the python-xmlsec wrapper library and noted that when
using the subject name I got additional empty nodes to X509Data node.

This is the X509Data node right before signing the template.

<X509Data>
<X509SubjectName/>
<X509Certificate/>
</X509Data>

And this is the signed node:

<X509Data>

<X509Certificate>MIIE3zC...</X509Certificate>
<X509SubjectName>emailAddress=xmlsec at aleksey.com,CN=Aleksey
Sanin,OU=Examples RSA Certificate,O=XML Security Library (
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec),ST=California,C=US</X509SubjectName>
</X509Data>

I put a sample for this (sign4) in my fork at
https://github.com/sergio-garcia/xmlsec, but I was unable to determine what
is causing this additional empty text nodes.

I used Ubuntu 14.04 with the supplied libxmlsec1-dev on my tests.

There is something that I'm probably missing?

Thanks,