[xmlsec] EdDSA Ed25519/Ed448 for XML Digital Signatures

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Dec 4 01:01:45 PST 2015

Hi.  Thanks for response.  I believe libgcrypt supports Ed25519, so that
ought to be straightforward.  I don't believe OpenSSL, NSS, or GnuTLS
supports it yet.  There is support in Nettle, so having support in
GnuTLS is probably not that far off.

I agree that this is probably not a big priority for xmlsec users, but
it may become.  I think I'll submit the draft to IETF as-is, and then
wait for implementations to materialize.  I don't think it will be moved
forward without implementation feedback.  The Apache Santuario's
response was similar to yours.  Are you aware of any other significant
XML Security libraries, btw?

/Simon