[xmlsec] Problem with xmlsec configure

Mike Peat mpeat at unicorninterglobal.com
Sun Feb 10 07:18:32 PST 2013

Roumen

Thank you, but - with my "commenting out the rm" hack - I seem to have
achieved success (and many, many thanks to you and others who have helped).

More than just success - I have made my changes (tiny really) in the
approximate fashion suggested by Aleksey (I implemented a sub-set of
callbacks for dealing with "cid:" prefixed references and registered
them in xmlSecIORegisterDefaultCallbacks in xmlsec's io.c module - only
a sub-set, because only the "match" and "open" functions needed to
differ from the standard "File" callbacks).  I have that working and it
is now doing what I needed: placing digests of both the SOAP document
itself, and the referenced XML "payload" document into the SignedInfo
Reference elements of the SOAP document before creating the digital
signature and putting that in the SignatureValue element.

The crucial thing for me is that it appears to pass muster with the
system I am sending it to as a valid signature.

I will, when I have time (project completed - invoice sent), write up
the whole procedure I used to build all of the libraries (zlib, iconv,
openssl, libxml2, libxslt and xmlsec) from the ground up in MinGW/MSys
as a reference for the future and post a link to it here.  I am sure
that I have not done it the best way, but at least I have got it to work
(which, while only a small virtue, is an important one... to me at least
<g>).

Thank you all again!

Mike