[xmlsec] Unable to find key

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Sun Nov 25 05:25:24 PST 2012

Hi,

I get the following error trying to verify a signature:
func=xmlSecKeysMngrGetKey:file=keys.c:line=1370:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecKeysMngrFindKey:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessKeyInfoNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=871:obj=unknown:subj=unknown:error=45:key is not found:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessSignatureNode:file=xmldsig.c:line=565:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxProcessKeyInfoNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecDSigCtxVerify:file=xmldsig.c:line=366:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecDSigCtxSigantureProcessNode:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:

It's using X509 certificates.  But instead of adding the cert in
the xml file they put the fingerprint of the cert in KeyName, and
I have the cert locally in PEM format.

So I created a key manager and loaded the cert with
xmlSecCryptoAppKeysMngrCertLoad().  But I think that's why it
can't find the cert because I can't give it the keyname they're
sending.

I don't think I can use xmlSecKeySetName() because it's not
a key.

How can I get this working?

Kurt