[xmlsec] Signing and verifying a XAdES template

Alfredo Esteban aedelatorre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:07:21 PDT 2012

Hello,

I was verifying whether xmlsec supports XAdES signature (Does it?). As
you probably know, XAdES is an European extension of XMLsign.

I'm able to sign the attached XAdES template without errors but
xmlsec1 is not able to verify its own resulting signature:

> xmlsec1 --version
xmlsec1 1.2.18 (openssl)

> xmlsec1 sign --pkcs12 ../../certificado-ceres-alfredo-esteban.p12 --output hola.xsig --pwd xxxxxxxxxxxxx ejemplo-xades-enveloped.xml

> xmlsec1 verify --trusted-der aet-cert.der ejemplo-xades-enveloped.xsig func=xmlSecOpenSSLEvpDigestVerify:file=digests.c:line=229:obj=sha1:subj=unknown:error=12:invalid data:data and digest do not match
FAIL
SignedInfo References (ok/all): 1/2
Manifests References (ok/all): 0/0
Error: failed to verify file "ejemplo-xades-enveloped.xsig"

Is it a bug? Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Alfredo