[xmlsec] XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1 interop testing

Frederick.Hirsch at nokia.com Frederick.Hirsch at nokia.com
Thu Apr 26 12:24:08 PDT 2012

Cynthia

As far as I know the PAG has not reached any recommendation or conclusion yet. Once a conclusion is reached it should be made public.

That said, I think you are referring to RFC 6090 which we reference from XML Signature 1.1. This RFC says in section 7.2 "KT-I is mathematically and functionally equivalent to ECDSA".

Are you asking whether this statement requires verification through interop testing? If so, that is probably a question for the RFC authors, but if the specifications are mathematically equivalent I'm not sure why it would be necessary.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] ECC-ALGS, http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6090.txt