[xmlsec] 64-bit Linux link error

Floodeenjr, Thomas thomas_floodeenjr at mentor.com
Wed Oct 12 12:55:11 PDT 2011

Aleksey,

The problem was not a wrong library. The problem was that only the dynamic libraries in xmlsec are built with -fPIC. Once I added -fPIC to the CFLAGS, then the build worked.

This appears to only be a problem on 64-bt Linux. 32-bit Linux and 32-bit Solaris worked for me without needed to add -fPIC or -pic.

Thanks,
-Tom

Thomas Floodeen, Jr.
Mentor Graphics BSD