[xmlsec] correct version of libxml2

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Sun Apr 24 19:16:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 04:40:37PM +0000, Floodeenjr, Thomas wrote:
> Aleksey,
>
> We are having problems with libxml2 that are not related to xmlsec.
> Our xmlsec tests are working fine so far, but some of our core libxml2
> usage is broken.

  That's the wrong place to report such problems.
2.6.x releases are rather old and 2.6.12 is very old. I fixed a number
of things in libxml2 since then. If you got troubles, it may be due to
a misuse of the library, compilation problems, or possibly a bug but
it's impossible to tell from your report, and this list ain't the
right place for it:
  http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html

  In my experience as libxml2 maintainer most of the time when people
report "bugs" appareing in recent libxml2 versions it is that they
relied upon broken behaviour usually not conformant to the
specification. Hiding the problem around by keeping an obsolete version
of the library rather than investigating the problem exposes the user
to risk including security ones. If you are embbeding libxml2 for any
shipping product I urge you to actually report the problem and get it
solved instead of hiding this under the carpet by using an obsolete
libxml2 version,

  thanks in advance,

Daniel