[xmlsec] ltdl problem on Solaris

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Thu Feb 24 13:54:14 PST 2011

Russell Beall wrote:
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> With the sample code in place, the error message now looks like:
> func=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:file=dl.c:line=396:obj=unknown:subj=lt_dlinit:error=7:io function failed:invalid loader
> func=xmlSecInit:file=xmlsec.c:line=42:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
>
> libltdl was freshly compiled and installed for use with this custom installation of various libraries for this project, and ldd seems to indicate that all the shared libraries are pointing to the correct libltdl.
>
> libtool is version 2.2 which creates libltdl.so.7.1.0

The last stable is 2.4. Anyway in past two year no one of ltdl updates
indicate fix for issue with loaders on Solaris.
> I've noticed that the project file also links to libdl.so.  Could that be interfering?

ltdl is wraper to "system" library - in case of solaris/linux for
dlopen()dlsym(). "dlopen" loader is changed only three times after 2.2
release. One is this
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libtool/2008-03/msg00013.html but
this not you case.
So upgrading to 2.4 may not help.

You report that case is during  server start. I'm not solaris user I
could not help more.
Difference between xmlsec <=1.2.13 and recent is that in former version
xmlsec incorporate ltdl source based on code from libtool before 2x .
May be downgrade to ltdl from libtool 1.5.26 (last stable before 2.2 )
is the trick .

> Russ.
>
> On Feb 23, 2011, at 4:23 PM, Roumen Petrov wrote:
>
>> Hi,

[SNIP]

Roumen