[xmlsec] ltdl problem on Solaris

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Wed Feb 23 16:23:28 PST 2011

Hi,

Russell Beall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been following this thread and I've been wondering if it is related to a problem I have been having for the past few days.  Usually I can hunt down the source of these types of issues, but this one defies all my attempts, and doesn't seem to be present in the FAQ or online searches.
>
> When running an initialization of the xmlsec library I get the following error:
> func=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:file=dl.c:line=389:obj=unknown:subj=lt_dlinit:error=7:io function failed:
> func=xmlSecInit:file=xmlsec.c:line=42:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:

May be with modification of xmlsec code to return ltdl error message
diagnose will be simpler.
Lets check following part of code (dl.c):
====
xmlSecError(XMLSEC_ERRORS_HERE,
                     NULL,
                     "lt_dlinit",
                     XMLSEC_ERRORS_R_IO_FAILED,
                     XMLSEC_ERRORS_NO_MESSAGE);
=====
XMLSEC_ERRORS_NO_MESSAGE is a macro that return " " .
It cannot be replaced by lt_dlerror() as function may return NULL and of
solaris (10 until .....) xxxprintf will crash.
So a new function is required as example:
========
static const char * xmlsec_lt_dleror(void);

const char * xmlsec_lt_dleror() {
    const char *s = lt_dlerror();
    return s ? s : XMLSEC_ERRORS_NO_MESSAGE;
}
=========
and to replace XMLSEC_ERRORS_NO_MESSAGE with xmlsec_lt_dleror()

> This happens on startup of the server, but somehow does not interfere with the operation of the server.  If I take out the call to xmlSecInit() then the server does not work.  I am concerned that if I use the server anyway, this is hinting at some more serious problem...

May be you could post issue to libtool list, i.e. authors .

> I am running Solaris 10 with xmlsec 1.2.16.  I hit this problem when trying tp upgrade a batch of code from xmlsec 1.2.5

Just for protocol , could you post version of ltdl.

> Thanks for any help,
> Russ.

[SNIP]

Roumen