[xmlsec] ltdl problem on Solaris

Russell Beall beall at usc.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:06:47 PST 2011

Hi,

I've been following this thread and I've been wondering if it is related to a problem I have been having for the past few days.  Usually I can hunt down the source of these types of issues, but this one defies all my attempts, and doesn't seem to be present in the FAQ or online searches.

When running an initialization of the xmlsec library I get the following error:
func=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:file=dl.c:line=389:obj=unknown:subj=lt_dlinit:error=7:io function failed:
func=xmlSecInit:file=xmlsec.c:line=42:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoDLInit:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:

This happens on startup of the server, but somehow does not interfere with the operation of the server.  If I take out the call to xmlSecInit() then the server does not work.  I am concerned that if I use the server anyway, this is hinting at some more serious problem...

I am running Solaris 10 with xmlsec 1.2.16.  I hit this problem when trying tp upgrade a batch of code from xmlsec 1.2.5

Thanks for any help,
Russ.