[xmlsec] xmlsec crypto intialization failed (aes) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Cartland, Bruce Bruce.Cartland at ato.gov.au
Tue Feb 22 18:38:33 PST 2011

Well,

I'm building on Windows (and later ubunto).

I've got a C app working with libxml2 and openssl doing cute crypto
stuff.

But I'm not having much luck with xmlsec.

The win binaries from http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html don't
work. In particular "xmlsec --sign --print-debug --privkey-pem
rsakey.pem sign1-tmpl.xml" crashes with a "memory could not be read
error" (using sample files provided).

I built the source using the Win32 configure and makefile. Got failure
in the exe (below).

So built the source myself directly from VS (that took some figuring).
Got same failure when running the exe. Any pointers would be appreciated

Error: xmlsec crypto intialization failed.
Error: initialization failed
func=xmlSecPtrListAdd:file=c:\xmlsec1-1.2.16\src\list.c:line=305:obj=unk
nown:subj=xmlSecPtrListIsValid(list):error=100:assertion:
func=xmlSecKeyDataIdsRegister:file=c:\xmlsec1-1.2.16\src\keysdata.c:line
=110:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecPtrListAdd:error=1:xmlsec library function
failed:dataId=aes
func=xmlSecCryptoDLFunctionsRegisterKeyDataAndTransforms:file=c:\xmlsec1
-1.2.16\src\dl.c:line=614:obj=aes:subj=xmlSecKeyDataIdsRegister:error=1:
xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecOpenSSLInit:file=c:\xmlsec1-1.2.16\src\openssl\crypto.c:line=
285:obj=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoDLFunctionsRegisterKeyDataAndTransforms
:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:
func=xmlSecAppCryptoInit:file=c:\xmlsec1-1.2.16\apps\crypto.c:line=34:ob
j=unknown:subj=xmlSecCryptoInit:error=1:xmlsec library function failed:

thanks
bruce
IMPORTANT
	The information transmitted is for the use of the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, disclosure,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited and may result in
severe penalties. If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the Privacy Hotline of the Australian Taxation
Office, telephone 13 2869 and delete all copies of this
transmission together with any attachments.