[xmlsec] ltdl problem on Solaris

Floodeenjr, Thomas thomas_floodeenjr at mentor.com
Wed Feb 16 07:12:58 PST 2011

I am having problems getting xmlsec configure to recognize that libtdl
is installed

checking for xmlsec-crypto dynamic loading support... checking ltdl.h
usability... yes

checking ltdl.h presence... no

configure: WARNING: ltdl.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the
preprocessor!

configure: WARNING: ltdl.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

checking for ltdl.h... yes

checking for lt_dlopenext in -lltdl... no

configure: error: libltdl is required for xmlsec-crypto dynamic loading

I have built and installed libtdl, but xmlsec claims it does not have
the correct symbols, when I believe it does.

if [ "${PLATFORM}" = "SunOS" ]; then

    CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -I${XMLSEC_DIR}/include"

    LDFLAGS="-L${XMLSEC_DIR}/lib"

fi

I noticed in config.log that the CFLAGS are correct, but the LDFLAGS do
not appear.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Tom