[xmlsec] Create a Digital Signature (DER Encoded PKCS#1) - SHA1withRSA

Anurag Chourasia anurag.chourasia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 05:59:28 PST 2011

Hi All,

I have a Private key and Public Key which comes in an XML in the following
form.

<RSASK>-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
MIIBOgIBAAJBALWmf82Fh6TUrzE5TV7BoLdamFWd/nGFzSNLtYsncENI07X47XKC
G/YDRZeRcWKq+6P1pbM9ejgjXF72FCZZbL8CAQMCQHkZqokDr8M4dMt7iOnWayTn
EDkT/vZZM2zdI7IaSteEwnbsIYjcAIkD0m3E2vZA9oNcjwEQ19ZXjyAhh+Y7B3sC
IQDkhKYQUGPErXMsxhRDXlvpBzjPq7pGCTaY3th2KszAOwIhAMt+8KrU1FZ7Cl0s
1eWS7aDXsf+F6fBtaWzP61IiNCFNAiEAmFhutYrtLcj3cy64LOmSm1ol38fRhAYk
ZenlpByIgCcCIQCHqfXHOI2O/LGTczlDt0kV5SFVA/FK85ud3/I2wXgWMwIhAMXy
zk5RMjE25Y+PFyevn4j1nWme6cvbv49g1OCZkZxE -----END RSA PRIVATE
KEY-----</RSASK>

<RSAPUBK>-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MFowDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADSQAwRgJBALWmf82Fh6TUrzE5TV7BoLdamFWd/nGF
zSNLtYsncENI07X47XKCG/YDRZeRcWKq+6P1pbM9ejgjXF72FCZZbL8CAQM= -----END PUBLIC
KEY-----</RSAPUBK>

I need to use the "Private Key" above and transform a stream of text (Which
is basicallly one element in the same XML) into a "Digital Signature (DER
Encoded PKCS#1)" utilizing the "Private Key".

Could you please let me know if I could use xmlsec to meet this requirement.
Appreciate if you could help me with a simple code snippet.

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards,
Anurag