[xmlsec] oracle / crypto issue

Erik Smith cruisercoder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:14:45 PST 2010

I need to load certificate keys to validate XML containing XML Security
content.  openssl seems to be the path of least resistance, but there seems
to be a static library conflict between Oracle's libclntst11.a file and
symbols in libcrypto.a, presumably because Oracle statically links in a
version of crypto.  I get errrors like this:

libclntst11.a(truntim.o): In function `ERR_load_strings':
truntim.c:(text.unlikely+0x58): multiple definition of `ERR_load_strings'
libcrypto.a(err.o):err.c:(.text+0x19c0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `ERR_load_strings' changed from 97 in
libcrypto.a(err.o) to 10 in libclntst11.a(truntim.o)

Is there an easy way around this openssl / crypto conflict?

gcrypt doesn't have this issue but it doesn't support certificate keys.  Is
there a preferred cryptographic library that provides a broad range of
support with the least amount of issues?

erik