[xmlsec] xmlsec command line fail on Windows with crash

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Tue Nov 16 03:37:11 PST 2010

At 2010-11-15 20:10 -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
>No problems as far as I can tell:
>
>$ xmlsec1 verify ./detSigned.xml
>OK
>SignedInfo References (ok/all): 1/1
>Manifests References (ok/all): 0/0
>$

Thanks for the report.  I get the same lines.  As I said, the program
works fine until after the report is made and before the program
exits.  Then I have to interactively respond to the Windows crash
dialogue boxes.  The bizarre error code that is returned messes up
subsequent execution in the batch file.  Thankfully the files created
are robust.

I've documented the fault in my distribution.

I'm willing to suspend the issue until an xmlsec developer on Windows
has the chance to look at it.  I obtained the executable from:

   ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/

Do you know of any other Windows builds of xmlsec and related libraries?

Thank you again, Aleksey.  And on behalf of the UBL user community
(that I participate in but don't really represent!), thank you for
your program!