[xmlsec] Signing with X509 certificate using mscrypto provider

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Apr 27 19:39:13 PDT 2010

OK, I decided to bite the bullet and convert xmlsec to Unicode
completely. For backward compatibility, there will be an option
to compile it in non-unicode mode but the default mode will be
unicode. I hope this took care of all the issues with I18N.

Jirka, could you please try this build:


I tested it and it seems to work but you are finding all the
possible issues that I never can find myself :)

Thanks a lot!


On 4/27/2010 5:29 AM, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Jirka Kosek wrote:
>> Aleksey Sanin wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot for sending me the example certs to me! Could you
>>> please try one more version?
>>> http://www.aleksey.com/public/xmlsec-20100423.tar.gz
>> Many thanks, excellent support! I can confirm that it now works even
>> with the real certificate.
> Just now I have found another issue. If you will ask for SubjectName in
> signature template, like:
>        <ds:X509Data>
>          <ds:X509SubjectName/>
>          <ds:X509Certificate/>
>        </ds:X509Data>
> Then encoding of subject name is mangled -- corresponding bytes in file
> are encoded using local windows code page (windows-1250 in my case)
> instead of UTF-8. This results in non-wellformed XML.
> Thanks,
> 					Jirka
> _______________________________________________
> xmlsec mailing list
> xmlsec at aleksey.com
> http://www.aleksey.com/mailman/listinfo/xmlsec

More information about the xmlsec mailing list