[xmlsec] Signing with X509 certificate using mscrypto provider

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Thu Apr 22 08:09:15 PDT 2010

Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Could  you please try the "unofficial" build?
>
> http://www.aleksey.com/public/xmlsec-20100422.tar.gz

Thanks.

Unfortunatelly, I was unable to run code on Win7 machine, it was
complaining about missing MSVCR90.DLL and adding this library to path
caused another strange error message.

I have tried also on WinXP. I had similar problems, but I managed to run
code after putting xmlsec.exe.manifest linking to MSVCR90 library into
the same directory as xmlsec.exe.

But, after that change xmlsec.exe you have provided crashed on KeyName
without accented letters. When I have tried to use key I have sent you
(one with accented letters) it was unable to find key. So it seems that
bug is either not resolved, or that Windows build of xmlsec.exe went
wrong and utility shows completely crazy results.

My knowledge of Windows C based development is very limited. Are you
able to built code against msvcrt.dll instead of msvcr90.dll? This
should resolve this nasty library mismatch stuff and I could test it
properly.

Many thanks,

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz