[xmlsec] Adding certificates to keys manager

Mark Young ccgenealogy at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:23:50 PST 2010

I'm using OpenSSL.  After working on this all day I finally figured out where I was going wrong, though.  Since the certificates were base64, and DER can be base64, I thought I could just load the base64 into the keys manager.  Apparently, though, I had to decode the base64 first and then supply the decoded string to the keys manager as a DER-format certificate.

Sorry to have taken up your time - but hopefully other people will read this and learn from my mistake.

I do have another question.  How long will a certificate of type xmlSecKeyDataTypeSession be kept by the keys manager?  How does it decide when a session has ended?