[xmlsec] C14n failure with relative namespace

Lenoir Herve hlenoir at axway.com
Sat Jan 9 23:48:03 PST 2010

I, Aleksey,
When, I try to Sign a XML Client file with transform exclusive canonicalization, I have this error :

<FEN0029A xmlns="FEN0029A">
                          ^
C14N error : Relative namespace UR is invalid here : (null)

It seems, it's a libxml2 C14n error...
For libxml2 this namespace is a "relative namespace" (a deprecated namespace)
When I modify the XML input file and add "urn:"
<FEN0029A xmlns="FEN0029A"> to <FEN0029A xmlns="urn:FEN0029A">
It works fine !

My problem is :
1) the Client can't modify the XML file provided (created by an external product)
2) I can't omit the canonicalization (my security policies doesn't permit it)

Do you know other solution to resolve my problem ?

Best regards,
Hervé