[xmlsec] xmlsec and libtool 2+

Roumen Petrov xmlsec at roumenpetrov.info
Mon Nov 9 13:14:17 PST 2009

Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Hi Roumen,
>
> I checked in the first change but I am not sure about the
> second one. I believe that for mingw we need to use ltdl
> and not the "native" win32 calls. Do you think it can be done?

Yes but why it will create incompatible build - one that depend on .
Did you mean something as LTDL_INIT([convenience]) for mingw ?
See
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Distributing-libltdl.html

Sorry I forgot for another issue LT_INIT([win32-dll]) : in cross-build
environment projects has to use AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL for libtool version
before 2 and new macro is LT_INIT([win32-dll]). This is related to
objdump used to detect type of passed libraries. Without
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL/LT_INIT([win32-dll]) the command won't use
"host-prefixed" objdump.

> Aleksey
[SNIP]

Roumen