[xmlsec] OT - Request for review of Metalink (XML for downloads) draft

Anthony Bryan anthonybryan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:43:54 PDT 2009

Hi & apologies for this off topic post which doesn't specifically
concern xmlsec, but I believe you all here could help us quite a bit
if you have the time. (If not, sorry for the intrusion :)

Metalink is an XML file format & feature set that download apps
support to offer improved downloads.
About 50 apps currently support Metalink, including browsers, FTP
clients, P2P apps, download managers, and the popular Firefox addon
DownThemAll!
Metalink is frequently used by open source projects like
OpenOffice.org, and many Linux distributions.

http://www.metalinker.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalink

Our current Internet Draft is at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink but more up to date
versions are at
http://metalinks.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/metalinks/internetdraft/draft-bryan-metalink-10.txt

Specifically, I think you could offer feedback on Section 5. Securing
Metalink Documents (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-metalink-09#section-5 ) is
based on Atom ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287#section-5 ),
another XML format.
Also see Section 8.4 of the Metalink Draft and 8.5 of Atom.

All review is appreciated! Thanks
--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads