[xmlsec] sha1sum DigestValue

Kai Hendry kai.hendry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 06:11:08 PDT 2009

Thank you Aleksey. Embarrassingly that took me ages to compute, though
I managed with the help of my colleague's C skills. :-)

I'm trying to use xmlsec1 for signing widgets.
http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-digsig/

So now I want to sign all the files in my widget, typically config.xml
and index.html and perhaps files in locale/ etc etc.

Shouldn't <Reference URI=""> or <Reference URI="."> (used my earlier
template) glob all these files and list them one by one in a
signature? e.g.
http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-digsig/#example

It doesn't seem to do that. I am a little confused as to what xmlsec1
does with URI "." or when it's empty "" as the signatures aren't the
same and I seriously doubt xmlsec1 open the files in the directory.

Else what do I need to do, to get this working? Do I need to create a
template with all the files I want to sign with individual Reference
URIs?

Thank you!