[xmlsec] Removal of security headers after decryption

Shlomo Yona S.Yona at F5.com
Tue Jun 9 03:31:26 PDT 2009

Hello,

I used xmlsec to decrypt a SOAP message with encrypted data and I noticed that the security header (wsse:Security element and its descendants) is still there in the output.
Shouldn't xmlsec remove the security header that is related to the encrypted data parts of a SOAP message that it successfully handled?
If this behavior can be controlled, then how can I make xmlsec remove such headers after decryption?

Thanks.

Shlomo