[xmlsec] xmlsec command-line usage

Henry Rollins henrolins at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:35:03 PDT 2009

Hello Aleksey,

Thank you very much for the xmlsec library! It helps me a lot to get a grasp
over the ws-security usage, and it is fun!

I am using xmlsec to generate encrypted SOAP requests. I attempted to
perform some operations and I need your help:

1.       Does xmlsec support encryption of many parts of the document. I
used –node-name and the xpath flag but it found only the first encrypted
part.

2.       I have went over the regression testing directory and searched for
templates where the EncryptedKey is outside EncryptedData part, and so on.
Can you please give me a reference to such templates?

3.       I tried decrypting by xmlsec an instance generated using xmlsec,
and got an error on id pointer. I discovered that if I use xml:id instead of
xmlend:Id xmlsec decrypts it properly.

4.       I tried decrypting more than one EncryptedData element, literally
all EncryptedData elements in one pass, or find a way of specifying number
of times decryption will be executed in order to decrypt all encrypted
content. Is there such a configuration flag?

Thanks in advance,

Henry Rollins