[xmlsec] question about dsigCtx->status

Rolando Abarca funkaster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:26:52 PDT 2008

I'm trying to verify a XML I signed (using xmlsec), but I keep getting
xmlSecDSigStatusUnknown as the status... what does it means?
Currently, the XML is of the kind:

<root>
<A>
   <B>
   <Sing for B>
   <B>
   <Sign for B>
</A>
<Sign for A>
</root>

What I'm trying to check first, is the sign for A, but it fails... Any
hints on where I should start looking?
Regarding on how the tree is being constructed:

Generate a B sub-tree, save it to a file. Load it and sign it.
Generate an A sub-tree, add all B nodes, save it to a file. Load it
and sign it.
Generate the root node, add the A node. Save the file.

Note: this save-load-sign routine is so far the only way I've found to
preserve the whitespace (is there any other way?)

regards
--
Rolando Abarca M.