[xmlsec] Issues using xmlsec for SAML

Dave Chapman dave at dchapman.com
Mon May 26 23:44:10 PDT 2008

Ed,

Thanks for the rpely.

Yes, my problem is that the signatures only have an X509Certificate
element.  The information I'm after is in those certificates, so I'm not
sure why it would need to be stored elsewhere as well.

Also, is there anything preventing these elements from being faked?
i.e. not the same as the Subject/Issuer information in the certificate
itself?  Does xmlsec verify them against the certificates?

But hopefully I'm not the only person with a requirement to just accept
a subset of certificates signed by a particular CA?  In my case, who
signed the document is just as important as the fact that the message
hasn't been modified.

Regards,

Dave.

P.S. No. I'm not Davis Chapman.