[xmlsec] Issues using xmlsec for SAML

Ed Shallow ed.shallow at rogers.com
Mon May 26 19:37:01 PDT 2008

All the elements below are exposable using signatures created with xmlsec,
but I guess your problem is signatures that only have an X509Certificate
element ? That's the signers prerogative.

I have no problems, if I can't follow the cert chain to an accepted set of
roots I have been authorized to verify against TrustedRootPems, the xmlsec
verify throws error. I don't really care to report who signed it if the
signer chose not to expose these additional elements in the first place.

Is this Davis Chapman of Developing Secure Applications in ... fame ?

<X509SubjectName>
<X509IssuerSerial>
    <X509IssuerName>
    <X509SerialNumber>