[xmlsec] How to avoid the node passed to xmlSecEncCtxXmlEncrypt to be released

Frank Gross fg at 4js.com
Thu Mar 13 07:57:24 PST 2008

I attached the patch that allows the replaced nodes during encryption
and decryption to be returned in the 'xmlSecEncCtxPtr' structure.
Actually, I added two entries in the 'xmlSecEncCtrPtr' structure :
  - nodeReplacementMode,  an enum of type
'xmlEncCtxNodeReplacementMode', to define if the nodes will be released
or returned in the second entry,
  - a pointer to a xmlNodePtr called 'replacedNodeList' that contains
the list of the nodes that have been replaced.

One additional point, as it's up to the user to release the returned
nodes, I'm not sure if the code I added in the 'xmlSecEncCtxReset'
function to release the node list is necessary, because if someone
releases the node but forget to set the pointer to NULL it will crash.
But if he doesn't release the nodes, and this code is not there we got a
memory leak.

If you could take a look

Thanks,
Frank