[xmlsec] Re: ws-security xmlsec

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Sep 24 09:41:19 PDT 2007

1) Comments in c14n -> there are two types of c14n: one that
drops comments (default) and one that preserves comments.
You need to use the second one.

2) .NET is not c14n compatible. The c14n spec says nothing
about the end-of-line translation:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315

Aleksey

Lukas JOSEFIK wrote:
> Hi Aleksey,
> i'm trying your WS security code. I have two problems.
> I added xmlSecTransformInclC14NWithCommentsId transform to your code by chnaging xmlSecWsSignatureAddReference.
>
> The first is about canonizing body of document.
> It contains comments but if i dump buffer from xmlSecTransformIOBufferWrite in transforms.c, there are no comments anymore.
> if I a uncomment nodeSetType = xmlSecNodeSetTreeWithoutComments in xmlSecTransformCtxSetUri, it works.
>
> The second is related to first and is about verifying signature against .NET 2.0.
> .NET XmlDsigExcC14NTransform changes CRLF to
0xa0, and xmlsec to 0xa0. Have you solved this problem?